Monday, May 4, 2015

First Cambio!



Or First Transfer! They call transfers cambios over here :) Hermana Alonso is getting transfered!!!!! AAAAAGHGHGHGHGHH!! She´s been here for 5 TRANSFERS (that's a WHOLE lot) and pretty much knows everyone and everything here. And now she´s leaving and its just me! And I hardly know anything! It wasn't until like 2 weeks ago I stopped feeling like I was just being dragged around like a puppy on a leash and actually knew my way around a bit. And now It´ll be just me who knows the investigators, the streets, the members!! And I just KNOW I´ll get a companion who doesn't speak a lick of English!! So I'm more than a little bit TERRIFIED. But I know that It´ll be alright. That the Lord wouldn't take her away if I couldn't do the work in this area without her. So I can and I´ll love my new companion just as much as I´ve loved her! Buuuuuuuuut I'm still a bit nervous!

So this week was pretty crazy! (Like always) The weather is slowly changing and its starting to feel like a nice early fall in the mornings and evenings. In the afternoons I still feel like I'm going to MELT though! And I had a bit of a stuffy nose this week and EVERY SINGLE PERSON that noticed told me to stop drinking cold stuff and ONLY drink hot drinks and always wear a jacket! Apparently cold drinks and air conditioning are the only things in South America that can give you a cold! I'ts so great! Our penstanista (this sweet, old lady in our ward) even took away my juice and gave me this hot herbal tea! I love it.

Anyway so onto investigators!
Last week, we had a member from another ward come to our ward with a friend who lives in our ward boundaries. Her name is Zilary and she´s THE BEST INVESTIGATOR EVER! The Lord really does prepare people, and either we´ll find them or they´ll be brought to us! She loves reading the Book of Mormon and changed her work schedule to come to church! Her baptism date is the 16th and she´s so excited!
Bit of sad news, turns out a neighbor talked to Monica and Irene and said all sorts of horrible stuff about the LDS church, and now they won´t even open the door for us! They just told us through the door then told us to never come back. So bit of a bummer there. We were pretty bummed out.
But we found this single mother Clidia and her daughter Sofia who are AWESOME! Clidia was at one of our investigators house when we stopped by and she asked if we would come to her house too. She´d seen us walk by her house all the time, but was too shy to stop and talk to us. So MIRACLE! Love it. They have a date for the 30th!
Duber and Mercy couldn't come to church this week which was a bummer. They don´t seem to really be progressing all that much. You can REALLY tell how much an investigator is progressing when they go out of their way to come to church on Sunday! Its like a weekly test. So when they don´t come to church, we have to drop them because there are so many others who can!
I know this church is true and I know that It´ll bring joy and love to every family.

So that's about it this week!
Hermana Stephenson


No comments:

Post a Comment