Monday, July 25, 2016

Homeward Bound!


Woooooooooooooooooooow.
I can't quite believe it!!! My very last letter to you all as a missionary! 
These last few days my mind has been full of so many things it makes it kind of hard to sleep! But more than anything, I think the greatest feeling I have as I'm finishing my time as a full-time missionary, is of gratitude. Growing up I always thought it would be cool to serve a mission, but it really wasn't in ''my plans''. But the Lord was able to direct me to where I needed to be. Here! To help others learn the precious truths they need to return to God's presence, and also for me to learn the SAME. 

It hasn't been easy! That is FOR SURE! But now I can see the blessings and lessons that I have learned from the hardest times I went through in the mission. I learned how to have more patience, with others AND myself, to love more selflessly, and to listen and recognize the Spirit in my life. And those are priceless lessons that I am SO greatful for! 
One of my favorite chapters I have found in the Book of Mormon is Alma 26. Expecialy verse 31 where it says
Now behold, we can look forth and see the fruits of our labors; and are they few? I say unto you, Nay, they are many; yea, and we can witness of their sincerity, because of their love towards their brethren and also towards us.

Sometimes, many times, I felt as if what I was doing here didn't really matter too much: didn't find many people to teach, or didn't have the best indicators, or a million other things that Satan kept trying to tell me to convince me that what I did wouldn't make a difference. But the Spirit, on just as many occasions, has helped me see that as I tried my best, the Savior has made up the difference. And it is SO true in all our lives in whatever circumstance we might be in! Satan might try to tell us that we aren't good enough. But as we do our best to serve others, live the commandments, and trust in the Lord, we will see just how much He can do THROUGH us!
I love you all so much! Thank you for all your letters and prayers for me! I have felt them in times when I needed them the most! 
I know that this church is true. That the Book of Mormon is the word of God and will guide us and teach us what we must to. I know that Joseph Smith was a prophet and that we have a living prophet here on the earth! Se, sin niguna duda que el Senor nos protege y nos guie en nuestros affliciones. Se que el Vive! 
For the Last time!
Hermana Stephenson

pics: We went to clean the beach!


No comments:

Post a Comment