Sunday, April 12, 2015

The week it actually RAINED ONCE!!!

Enjoying General Conference at the Stake Center


You don't even know how big of a thing it is when it rains here!! In NEVER rains!! So much so that most of the houses here have random spots where there isn't a roof! It's so weird! So when it started ´raining´(aka the ground wasn't even totally wet) people were all freaking out. It was SO funny! Also there was a HUGE rainbow and it was amazing. I would send a pic but I can't cuse I don't have a cord yet! Lo siento.
Anyway some other random facts about Peru. EVERYONE wears Crocs! I mean everyone!!! There is every color shape and size of Crocs and it makes me laugh. Also, the people here love soccer (no surprise there) but also volleyball. They are CRAZY about volleyball! It's so fun to see the families all out in the parks playing together. We are also the only sisters in the whole ZONE of Ventanilla! Crazy! But all the elders here a super awesome and it's so much fun when we all get together for meetings!
And I just realized that I never told you all about my AMAZING companion Hermana Alonso!!! She really is the best EVER. She´s from Honduras and so we are quite the pair walking around Peru - black and white in a world of brown! Love it! She's such a hard worker and pretty much the best example of a trainer I could ever get! love her!
Next, funny story of the week:
So we had a training for the new missionaries this last Wednesday at the mission office that's in a different city about 2 hours or so from here. So we got to take the HUGE city buses on a road trip! And let me tell you, there is no need for roller coasters in the country when they have buses like that!!!!! AAHH! It was so crazy fun! We went with some of the other elders from our zone and it was just a crazy adventure. At one point, I was wedged between this tiny old lady and this other lady with a GIANT box of mangoes. I don't even KNOW how she got on the bus with that! And I think I still smell like mangoes. They pack those buses so tight with people its insane. And the drivers swerve and brake and jump forward the whole time!! It's so much FUN!! Love it. Although I almost biffed it a few times when I would lose my footing!
Alright, so conference. THE BEST EVER. But I'm pretty sure It was only like an hour long! Que en el mundo?! And I'm also sure that half of those talks were for me! Also here, they have everyone come to the stake center for conference for the Sunday morning session. And it was SO PACKED!! Every room had a TV and even a big pavilion outside with a projector. They even had a small room for English speakers (aka the gringo missionaries)!!! And funny story. Because I'm the only English speaking sister in the zone, we had to get permission from the AP´s so I could sit in the English room with 8-9 elders while my companion sat in the chapel. It was sooooooo weird!!!!! But I was so grateful that I could watch it in English, I've missed hearing the prophets voice!!
Anyway, one of my favorite was Wilford W. Andersen talk about finding and keeping the music of the spirit in our lives. As a missionary, I'm helping others find that music, and its not always easy! And I find myself singing the song of long suffering more often than I´d like :) But always keep trying and moving forward with faith and the Lord will make up the difference.
Well, that's about it! Lots of walking and teaching. But we are having our first baptism this week!!1 Familia M. is SO AMAZING and they want ME to speak at their baptism!!! AAAAAHHHHH!!! So, we´ll have to see how that goes!
 Love you all!!
Hermana Stephenson


our penstionisa´s family! she makes us lunch every day!!



No comments:

Post a Comment