Monday, December 14, 2015

Oh the places you'll go!

HEEEEEEEEEELOOOOOO eveyone!!!

Sorry but I don't have tooooo much time this week! We're going to some ruins about an hour away for our P-Day activity. I feel kind of bad because I can't get into the Christmas spirit much at all!!! It's just SOOOO HOT. I got seriously sunburned all OVER. Everyone was laughing at me because I look like a tomato.......they think its so weird that I turn colors!!!!!

But real fast, we had a SWEET lesson with Alondra this week!!! She has been reading the Book of Mormon without fail and praying every night. She had such a powerful experience one night that she just KNOWS that this is the true church and that she needs to be baptized. The only problem still is her mom who is, well, not the best of people in the world. Alondra wants her mom to understand a bit more before she gets baptized. Please pray a whole lot for her this week! We invited her to be baptized on Saturday. She just needs to make the decision! Also, there is a returned missionary in our ward who is REALLY helping us out with her too!

Me, the return missionary, Hermana Hielo, and Alondra
Also this week, we went to a meeting with the Relief Society sisters in our area. They presented all the things they've all worked on in the year and it was SUPER fun!

An update on Jheremy: he is in a different city living with his Aunt while his parents are finishing up the house. We're just waiting for him to come back!!!!

AND Cool experience this week......... weeeeel it didn't start out as such a cool experience, but the Lord really knows how to push us to grow!! On Tuesday we had a meeting with Presidente Rios (the mission president for my mission) and it was super cool. On our way home, I didn't realize that there was a hole in my bag and when we got out of the taxi, our CELL PHONE got left behind. Soooooo, I kind of freaked out a bit because we had a million things to do that day and had a BUNCH of people to call!!! I said a prayer to help calm down and had a powerful thought come to me. 'The Lord will provide' entered my thoughts and I just felt at peace. Then we were walking and felt inspired to knock on a door of a lady that I had met MONTHS ago who lives with her three kids. We ended up having a powerful lesson with them! The mom is named Pamela and she and her kids are super interested. It was amazing! Even though we DON'T have a phone and sometimes we feel super pressured or are not sure how to get things done, I always remember that the Lord really will provide a way. He's looking out for the little sunburned American who is trying her hardest to teach the gospel in Peru!

Love you all so much and I know that the Lord is VERY aware of us in each of our unique and different situations!! I've been reading in Ether 12 this week and verse 26-29 really caught my eye. It doesn't matter our weaknesses and difficulties, God can make something AMAZING out of us if we have faith!!!

Have a wonderful week everyone!!!
Hermana Stephenson

Pics: A less active we are teaching is a dance professor at the university here.  For our FHE, he brought home some costumes for the dances from Cusco (that's were Machu Pichu is!) It was so much fun!!





This little old lady from our ward sewed me this elephant! She was like 'because you're the best, I made this for you!' She's ADORABLE. It sits on my bed next to the animal Autumn made for me:)


No comments:

Post a Comment