Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Seeing the Sunshine!





Hello family!

We've had quite the sunny week here on the coast that is for sure! But I think I actually am getting tan for the first time in my life! Wot! But good news, Marcos is officially reactivated! He had an interview with the bishop and has got some good goals to work towards so we can all go to the temple!

We haven't been able to get in to teach Samantha and her family, but we had a sweet experience with another family that we found! Angel is the dad. He was blinded from an accident 10 years ago and lives with his wife and 12 year old son.  We stopped and talked to him the other day when we saw him sitting outside his house and he invited us to come in. We had a small lesson but there was just a sweet spirit with this family. I got to testify of the love of the Savior and about eternal families! I love how the spirit can really testify and touch my heart and the hearts of others!

Back to the title of my letter- seeing the sunshine! One thing that I've really learned this week is that we should always look and find the sunshine in our lives, even if there are only stormy rain clouds all around us. It's not something that's easy to do and a whole lot of the time it feels down right imposible! But that is where the love of the Savior comes in to lift us up over those clouds. I found a scripture that I just love. It's in Alma 34:38-41 and I found three things I can do to feel more peace:
1 live in thanksgiving daily
2 pray continually
3 have patience 
These three principle are soooooo important and all work so well together! But I know that gratitude for ALL that comes to us in our lives, even the trials, helps us find more of an eternal perspective and trust the Lord's plan for us! Prayer and patience will bring us the peace we are looking for!

Love you all soo much!
Hermana Stephenson


No comments:

Post a Comment