Tuesday, February 16, 2016

When it Rains it Pours!

HOLA TODOS!!!!!



HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!!!! Hope everyone is doing alright and enjoying life :) Here we are SUPER happy with the RAIN we actually got this week! For three days straight, it rained for like 4 hours in the afternoon and I ALMOST DIED OF HAPPINESS. It was so awesome! 

Not so awesome was the fact that here, NONE of the houses are prepared for rain with an actual roof that'll keep it out.  So they all flooded, expecially those that live on the outskirts of the town. But we got to go out and help a bunch of members clean their house out and get it all back in order. It made me realize what a blessing it is to have a ROOF to keep the rain out! 

We had a great week teaching Alejandro and Luis, two less active fishermen who were here this week for a break before they head out to fish for the next 12-15 days. They are really amazing and their wives and kids too are really wanting to go to the temple to be sealed. So that's what we are helping them achieve! 

Funny story, so when it was raining, We were just getting all wet (and it was awesome). It was just a warm rain. But we stopped at a members house to get a plastic trash bag to cover our backpacks and the sister was SO upset with us because we were so wet.  She was convinced we were going to get sick and all this stuff. We were just laughing as she piled us with towels and some warm water. AWESOME!
 
Well, just to end, (like always) I found a cool scripture in Mormon 9:28. 

 28 Be wise in the days of your probationstrip yourselvesof all uncleanness; ask not, that ye may consume it on your lustsbut ask with firmness unshaken, that ye will yield to no temptation, but that ye will serve the true and living God.

This scripture seemed to be teaching me how to make good choices. To always make our choices so that we are serving God and not ourselves! It's something I'm learning here in the mission. When I make choices based on just ME then I don't get all the blessings or joy that the Lord might be willing to give me. But when I can think what it is that HE wants me to do, then I'm blessed as well as those around me who I'm serving! 

Love you all! Love serving here and learning every day!
Hermana Stephenson



No comments:

Post a Comment