Saturday, July 9, 2016

'Happy Birthday AMERICA!

Heloooooooo todos!!
I hope that everyone is enjoying a day full of summer fun and fireworks!! Here in Peru, we woke up today to a cloudy sky and a COLD ocean wind! But we've got a sweet barbeque planned out for our zone for P-day!
But anyway this week has been a bit of a slower week with a lot of what I call ''satan speed bumps''. Eric started working this week and we haven't been able to get in to teach him AT ALL! Also Vanessa, a less-active we are teaching, lost her cellphone so we haven't been able to contact to teach her at all either! And a lot of other small things that really knocked us down a bit this week. 
But I was able to do an exchange with the other sisters in the zone! It was wonderful to be with Hermana Perez for the day and we were able to teach a lady, Irene, in her small, humble little house. There was a sweet spirit there that helped me remember why I am here and that my Savior loves me. 
I think that Satan always tries to put things in our way to pull us down or tell us we aren't good enough. But then, if we are listening and watching, the Lord will always show through small and simple things that he's there to lift us and help us forward. And that we aren't ever alone! I love the scripture in D&c 58:2-4

 For verily I say unto you, blessed is he that keepeth my commandments, whether in life or in death; and he that isfaithful in tribulation, the reward of the same is greater in the kingdom of heaven.
 Ye cannot behold with your natural eyes, for the present time, the design of your God concerning those things which shall come hereafter, and the glory which shall follow after much tribulation.
 For after much tribulation come the blessings. Wherefore the day cometh that ye shall be crowned with much glory; the hour is not yet, but is nigh at hand.
Love you all and have a great week!



No comments:

Post a Comment