Thursday, July 14, 2016

Lessons from Heaven

HOLA! 
I don't have much time left this week, but I wanted to share something that touched my heart as I was studying this week. This week has been a very dificult one with a very sick companion and a million other things. Those ''satan speed bumps'' I mentioned last week have turned into ''satan MOUNTAINS''.
But I was reading about the 2,000 stripling warriors and I love these two scriptures in Alma 56:47-48
Now they never had fought, yet they did not fear death; and they did think more upon the liberty of theirfathers than they did upon their lives; yea, they had beentaught by their mothersthat if they did not doubt, God would deliver them.
 48 And they rehearsed unto me the words of their motherssaying: We do not doubt our mothers knew it.
It really caught my eye the last part about how these sons KNEW that their mothers had faith and did not doubt. It made me think that one day, I want to be a mother, sister, friend like that. The Lord will put trials and tests so that I can develop that kind of faith. Just like these mothers here in this story went through SO much when their husbands were killed by the Lamanites and a whole bunch of other things. They strengthend their faith and taught their sons to do so as well. I suppose that's why we have ''satan mountains'' put in front of us--to help us find our own faith.

Love you all!
Hermana Stephenson




No comments:

Post a Comment