Monday, June 22, 2015

Welcome to the Misty Mountains!



HOOOOOOOOOLA everyone!


Well, this week has been QUITE to dosee! But to start off, I'M IN A NEW MISSION!!!! Yep, I'm no longer in misión Lima Oeste, but the newly created misión de Truijllo Sur (Trujillo South)! It was quite the shocker actually. We had our big meeting for transfers on Tuesday and Presidente Archibald told us all how difficulty it was to send off 24 of HIS missionaries to this new mission. But he bore such a powerful testimony of the role and guidance of the Spirit in each and every one of the companionships that were headed out, and that he loved each and EVERY one of them. And during the whole time he was taking, I just KNEW that I was being transferred into the new mission.
He spoke specifically of a trio of hermanas. How he just couldn't get the sisters to all line up two by two. Then, the night before cambios (transfers) the mission president of Trujillo called and asked if he had a trio of hermanas. Because if so, he had a companion for that girl. That if Presidente Archibald would send his trio to Huaraz (the zone that would be part of the new mission), he would too, so that in the end, everyone would have a companion.

And as President told this story, I just KNEW, knew in my heart that I was part of that trio. And when my name was called with Hermanas Gutierrez and Gomes, the spirit testified so strongly that I was going where the Lord needed me to be. As hard as it is to say good bye to my mission president and his wife and all my friends in Lima Oeste, I KNOW without a doubt that I'm here, in the city of Caraz, for a reason! And that the Lord has people prepared for me here and in Trujillo!
I can testify of the power of prayer and the peace that only the Savior can bring. I'm so glad to be able to bring the peace to others here up high in the mountains of Peru. It's so beautiful here and everyday I look out our window and see the mountains and all the people in their traditional clothes and I know I'm right where I need to be.


We opened a new area up here, so not much for investigators. We're just trying not to get lost!
I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH and have a great week!

Hermana Stephenson
Me with a bunch of kids who kept following us




No comments:

Post a Comment