Saturday, May 21, 2016

A regresar a Chimbote!

Recycling plastic water bottles from our apartment



HOLA todos! 
WOW!! This week has been QUITE the rollercoaster! Its always an adventure to change areas! My comapnion is Hermana Landazuri from Ecuador and she is so funny! But I'm excited to be back here in good ole' Chimbote, LAND OF THE FISH (mom you would love it 😜)! My area is called El Carmen and it is SOOOOO TINY! But there are so many wonderful people that are ready and prepared to hear the gospel!

First off is the Vulnes Family! Jonny and Maribel are the parents with a few older kids (that live far away) and a 9 year old that lives with them. They aren't married but have such a desire to GET married! What a blessing! They are so cute and invited us to lunch (see picture below)! It was super sketchy, but I haven't died yet, so I think I'm good :) 

Also, we are teaching a family of less actives, Jesus and Maria. Jesus is a returned missionary and wants to come back to church so bad. But Maria has got a bit of a hard heart. But I know that the Lord will be able to help her out. 

OH!!! Cool thing! The other night, we were planing when the window starts vibrating and this deep rumble fills the air. Now little earthquakes here in Chimbote are super normal. So we just sat there listening when all the sudden there was a super big quake and all the stuff on my desk goes tumbling off! We pretty much both just bolted for the door!! But luckily there wasn't anything else! It was AWESOME. 

But ANYWAY :) I found a super cool scripture. Its in Alma 37:6-7. Super well known but I love it.

6. Now ye may suppose that this is foolishness in me; but behold I say unto you, that by small and simple things are great things brought to pass; and small means in many instances doth confound the wise.
 And the Lord God doth work by means to bring about his great and eternal purposes; and by very small means the Lord doth confound the wise and bringeth about the salvation of many souls
And I just love how its through SMALL things that the hand of the Lord is shown in our lives. Its true--miracles do happen. I have noticed  lately in my life, when I think that nothing is going my way, that the Lord is trying to TEACH me through small things and that He knows my struggles and has a plan for me. A plan that will bless my life AND the lives of those I teach! And that the only way I can see those 'small and simple things' in my life is through the spirit! As I listen to the SPIRIT and not the voices of the world or temptations of Satan, I can really see the blessings the Lord gives me every day!

Love you all and have a great week!!
Hermana Stephenson
Hermano Lucho and his family in Salaverry

LUUUNCH!!!

A family the elders baptized in our ward


No comments:

Post a Comment